More than 60 years of ingenious headphone engineering has been applied to the new HD800S model. Incorporating Sennheiser’s most advanced driver technology, these open, around-the-ear, dynamic stereo headphones redefine what reference-grade audio is all about. The Sennheiser HD800S is hand-assembled in Germany with only the finest of materials. The transducer is encased in a precision material made of stainless steel, while the headband and headphone mounting utilizes the most advanced development from the aerospace industry.
“I’d rely on the HD 800’s 100 percent as a mixing reference and gut-check.” – Kevin Becka, Technical Editor, MIX Magazine (February 2011)
- Reference class wired stereo headphones
- Open, around-the-ear, dynamic stereo headphones
- Natural hearing experience – realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today – new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Open earcups facilitate transparent sound while showcasing cutting edge industrial design
- Metal headband with inner-damping element
- Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- HD800S includes balanced cable (optional extra for HD800)
- Precision headphone connectors with detachable cable
- Plush, luxurious ear and headband padding
- Built-tough with a 2 YEAR warranty
Sennheiser HDVD 800 Headphone Amp/DAC
The new HDVD 800 (and HDVA 600 amp-only) is the perfect compliment to your HD-series (600,650, 700 or 800) headphones. It was designed to deliver the optimal signal to these already great headphones ensuring you extract every ounce of their potential. You can even take advantage of upgraded balanced headphone cables on these high performance models. What’s more it sounds great with other brands of headphones.
The HDVD 800 is able to connect with digital sources and is equipped with a high-quality Burr-Brown digital/analog converter (DAC) that converts digital audio data into analog signals with a resolution of 24 bits and a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz. This enables the HDVD 800 to transmit the entire frequency spectrum of high-end audio sources without any loss of frequencies.
In addition to the symmetrical (balanced or XLR) inputs, the HDVD 800 also has an asymmetrical (single-ended) input socket; incoming signals are symmetrized before further processing takes place. Digital sources can be connected to the rear of the unit via an XLR (AES/EBU) input, optical and coaxial (S/PDIF) digital inputs or USB. Designed and manufactured in Germany, this high-end, solid-state amplifier harmonize perfectly and deliver an ultimate acoustic performance when paired with any of Sennheiser’s audiophile headphones.